Adding a sewer scope inspection to our home inspection service is a smart thing to do. Replacing or repairing buried drain lines can have significant expense and inconvenience. Let us identify if your drain line is clear. A drain line video inspection is an optional service. Just like a home inspection, drain line inspections are visual in nature and do not include dismantling any component other than removing a clean out cover.
Here’s what is included:
- Video scan of the main drain line or “lateral”
- Accessing the main drain line from a standard clean out
- A written report including the findings
- A link to the video and or images
Here’s what is not included:
- Removing plumbing fixtures such as a toilet to access drain
- Climbing on roof to access drains
- Adding clean outs to the drain
- Forcing or cutting off old clean outs
- Researching the issuance of permits
- Determining the adequacy of the drain
- Any repairs whatsoever
- Any drain lines over 100′ long
- Providing any quotations for repair
- Accessing, evaluating or operating sewer ejector pumps
- All other Limitations, Exceptions, Exclusions as set forth in the Standard Inspection Agreement
More invasive, exhaustive testing is available from some plumbing contractors. These inspections are lengthy and may include pressure testing underground plumbing, verifying sizing and adequacy of equipment, and providing estimates of life remaining. A plumbing contractor may also provide you with estimates of repair, if required. In the event we cannot access the drain line, you will not be charged for our drain line inspection. In some cases old clean outs cannot be removed without causing damage. In some older homes no clean outs are present which in itself is a costly repair. We do not install clean outs or modify the plumbing in any way.
Scheduling a sewer scope inspection
If you want a sewer scope inspection you will need to call us for scheduling. We have a dedicated inspector who performs this service, so it may not be possible to schedule it simultaneously with a home inspection. Call us for scheduling at 888-860-2688 or reply to your home inspection confirmation email with a note that you want to add a sewer line inspection.