electricity_water

Water conducts electricity, so it’s possible to be electrocuted by water that has come in contact with electricity. Talk to your family and loved ones about the dangers of mixing water and electricity.

  • Keep electrical appliances and power tools away from water
  • Never use electrical appliances in the shower or bath
  • Dry hands thoroughly before reaching for any electrical appliance
  • Install “ground fault circuit interrupter” (GFCI) outlets in the kitchen and bath; they are designed to protect against electric shock
  • If an electrical fire breaks out, do not throw water on it as you could be electrocuted. If an appliance catches fire, safety unplug it as soon as possible. If no appropriate fire extinguisher is available, you can also use baking soda to extinguish an electrical fire.

Safety is important, and reviewing safety tips with family and loved ones can help them stay safe.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *